Dermatologic Considerations for Transgender Patients
Faculty: Tiffany Pierce, PA-C
Understanding transgender medicine begins with knowledge of gender dysphoria, intersex conditions, sexual minorities, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. In this episode of Dermcast.live’s podcast series, Tiffany Pierce, PA-C, will discuss the prevalence and importance of HIV prevention and treatment, along with other issue of concern to transgender patients. Ms. Pierce’s presentation will help listeners gain a better understanding of:
- Different terms to describe the LGBTQ+ community, their use and history, and the positive effects of proper pronoun usage.
- Informed consent and the use of medications for transition.
- Basic and advanced surgical procedures available to transitioning patients.
- Dermatologic and cosmetic procedures useful for transitioning patients.
- The best practice models for LGBTQ+ friendly clinical environments.